Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Project 2: Favorite things

The previous post describes why I chose these pictures and the text written near each.

I tried for the most part to arrange the images in a way that makes sense/ intending to create a scene rather than a bunch of images just set on a page.

The tools that were used in photoshop included the magnetic lasso to grab an image separately from its original backdrop.  Then I used the eraser tool on some pictures that I wasn't able to grab as cleanly.  After arranging the pictures the way I wanted, I added in text by the pictures.

I didn't want the text to overpower the pictures.  I chose to make most of the text blend into whatever their background is.  I know it might make it difficult to see what the text for each picture is, especially when the picture is small, but I chose to make it like a game where you had to search for the hidden clues by the objects.  I love playing games and doing things like hidden pictures in highlights magazines in waiting rooms.

My family is very close and with having so many siblings life is always interesting, especially as we get older and our family expands with new in-laws and kids. Keith (my fiance) is a goofball.  I couldn't think of a good picture to pick for adding him in and he reminded me of the palm tree picture, which I think worked out perfectly.  I didn't actually take any new pictures for this project.  The things that are most important to me I already had a lot of pictures to choose from.  It would be really cool if this picture was real and I could go to an island and just relax with my fam and keith on the beach for a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment